Girl Scout Costume
Time: 15 minutes
Effort: Easy no sewing required
- Solid-colored, button-up shirt
- Knee socks
- Solid-colored material to make a sash
- Felt pieces to cut badges
- Ribbons for hair
- Solid-colored knee-length shorts (not the same color as the shirt), or pants cut into long shorts
- Saddle shoes or penny loafers
- Small box (shoe-box size or smaller)
- Black marker
- Needle and thread and/or glue
Instructions: Cut the fabric diagonally into two equal-length pieces that are long enough to go across your child's body, shoulder to hip. Sew the pieces together at the top and bottom to make a sash. Cut the felt into little pieces resembling badges. Sew or glue felt pieces to the sash.
Have your child dress in the clothing and put the sash on her. Pull her hair into pigtails and tie with ribbons. Write "cookies" on the box and let her collect her candy in it.
Other details: Green and yellow are good colors to try with this outfit. Use one color for the shirt, and one for the shorts. Try matching the socks with the shirt. Saddle shoes or penny loafers would look best with outfit.