Dirty Laundry Halloween Costume
Time: 20 minutes
Effort: Quick and easy no sewing required
- Solid black, white, or colored outfit (such as a sweat suit)
- High-top shoes or boots
- Two laundry or trash bags, large enough to cover the front and back of your child's torso
- Lightweight clothing, to be used as laundry items
- Lots of safety pins and/or clothespins
- Empty box of detergent and/or other cleaning items
- Wicker or lightweight hamper top
- Long rectangular scarf
- Two small signs that say "Dirty Laundry"
Instructions: Pin lightweight clothing to the bags so that it hangs out the top of both bags. Pin on an empty box of detergent so that it hangs out of the top of the front bag. Pin a dirty laundry sign to the middle of each bag.
Insert additional lightweight items in your child's outfit and shoes, leaving them hanging out a bit. Pin more items, such as underwear, to the top and underside of the hamper top.
Tie the hamper top to your child's head with a long, rectangular scarf. Securely pin the bags around her front and back.
Other details: You can pin clothing items directly to a scarf or to your child's hair, if you don't have a hamper top.