Cotton Candy Costume (Great for a Group)
Time: 30 minutes (allow more time if you use batting)
Effort: Quick and easy no sewing
- White pants (white shorts and white tights will do, too)
- White socks
- White shoes
- White diaper pins or white Velcro
- Light pink, light purple, or light blue tulle (the amount depends on the size of your child)
- Shirt or sweatshirt to match color of tulle/batting
- Matching lipstick and face glitter (optional)
- Alternative option: pink, blue, or purple dye, and cotton quilt batting
Instructions: If you are going to dye white batting, plan ahead! Dye it a few days before you need it. (Go lightly on the dye, until you have the desired shade.)
Dress your child in the white clothing. Apply lipstick and face glitter. (Girls can wear their hair in a bun or pigtails, and use tulle for bows.)
Pin or Velcro the end of the tulle/batting to the bottom of the back of your child's shirt. Wrap your child up in the tulle/batting, starting with the hips, and working your way up toward the top. When you get to the shoulders, wrap tulle/batting loosely around her neck, tucking the end down the back and pinning or Velcro-ing it to the inside of the neck of the shirt (where the tag is).
Other details: Don't wrap the tulle/batting too tightly! Wrap it loosely to create the "airy" feeling of cotton candy.
Consider doing this with a group, with each member a different color.